Hope you are doing well.
Please follow the steps given below :
1) shut down service mysql56 and go to C:\ProgramData\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6, note that ProgramData is a hidden folder
2) look for file my.ini, open it and add one line skip-grant-tables below [mysqld],save
3) start service mysql56
4) by right, you can access the database, run mysql
5) and use the query below to update the password
update mysql.user set password=PASSWORD('NEW PASSWORD') where user='root';
6) shut down the service again, remove the line skip-grant-tables save it, and start the service again. try to use the password you set to login.
Please let me know if you have any further issue regarding this.